A delicious combination of summer fruits.-—Stardew Valley item description
Fruit Salad! Here’s a healthy and delicious treat to brighten up your day. The most important thing to remember is that you need ripe fruit. Forget the bland stuff they sell at the supermarket… I’m talking fresh-picked, juicy, bursting-with-flavor fruit. Okay, now watch closely…—Queen of Sauce, 7 Fall Year 2
Other than being delicious and full of fruit, neither give much information about the recipe. We know there’s melon, but as the game doesn’t specify what kind, we have to guess. My personal guess? Watermelon. While the outside isn’t pink, the color of the fruit itself is perfect. The blueberries and apricots speak for themselves. Fresh fruit is definitely preferred but thawed frozen fruit or dried fruit can be substituted for fresh—just be aware you might have adjust amounts, especially if using dried fruit. (And it’s still definitely best with fresh apricots and berries.)
We add lime juice for an extra sour zing to riff off the intensely sweet fruits, and fresh mint or basil adds a nice aromatic note that can lean towards sweet or savory depending on your choice.
Overall this is a sweet, refreshing, pretty fruit salad that Haley would absolutely love!
1 lb cut watermelon (about 1 ½ cups)
½ pint fresh blueberries (about 6-8 ounces)
4 fresh apricots (about 5 ounces)
1-2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh mint or basil, to taste
juice from ½ lime (about 1 tablespoon lime juice)
- Add your watermelon to a large mixing bowl.
- Wash and cut your fresh apricots into eighths. Add the apricot slices to the watermelon in the bowl.
- Wash your blueberries and add them to the bowl as well.
- Roll your mint or basil leaves int a cylinder and cut horizontally into thin strips. Add it to the bowl of fruit, along with the juice from half a lime.
- Toss and serve immediately, or refrigerate overnight to let the flavors meld together and serve cold.
If you enjoyed this post, consider leaving a comment or joining my Patreon!